History

1897-1900 The caserne was build
1897 

The 4th hessian infantry refiment of the grand duke (Pinz Carl) No.118 moved in. From this time it called "Prinz Carl Kaserne"

1919-1930 

After the dissolution of the regiment No.118, the French troops moved in. It receives the name "Caserne of the Valières".

1936 

After the city think of a civil use, the state buy it back and positioned the German armed forces there. The barracks get the name "Kemmel-Kaserne".

1945 

For a short time after the invasion of the American, the barracks was used as a prisoners of war camp. Finally, the buildings are delivered to the French occupying power. Now it called"Foch-Kaserne".

1951 

The American Army took care of the barracks and add some constructions.

1996  The American Army left Worms and the barracks became a conversion area. It started the change from military property to an attractive economic location.
2000 

The regional finance office sold the area to a private company. From this time Prinz Carls name returned.

 

GeschichtlichesGeschichtliches